Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''" /></a> ' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE) in /home/survivel/public_html/secretsofurbansurvival-com/includes/class_core.php(4580) : eval()'d code on line 172
Concealed Carry Permit - Page 2
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Having spent a number of years in law enforcement, from MY perspective, qualified legal CCW permit carriers are the LEAST part of "problems" or issues for law enforcement. I believe from all of the officers/deputies/agents I've dealt with over the years, I've met TWO, (and only two) that were so inclined, both were political appointees as well. I believe that most LEOs, would not even worry about confiscation from legal permitees, unless there was overt violent/predatory criminal behavior. "Rounding up" permittees, wouldn't be something LEOs would actually do, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus236 View Post
    Having spent a number of years in law enforcement, from MY perspective, qualified legal CCW permit carriers are the LEAST part of "problems" or issues for law enforcement. I believe from all of the officers/deputies/agents I've dealt with over the years, I've met TWO, (and only two) that were so inclined, both were political appointees as well. I believe that most LEOs, would not even worry about confiscation from legal permitees, unless there was overt violent/predatory criminal behavior. "Rounding up" permittees, wouldn't be something LEOs would actually do, I believe.
    I would not do it. I am an "Oath Keeper"!

Unregistered

Most cops I've known would, if so ordered.

They'd rather die than give up that badge, that power and that pension. And I've known quite a few, over the years. Scores of them. I've also heard a lot of them talk, at LEO classes at college, etc. Most cops are not your friends, guys. They get off on having the power they do, consider themselves an aggreived, "special" group, above the Constitution, above the law, even. They think that they should be allowed to ccw out of their jurisdiction, and for life, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    They'd rather die than give up that badge, that power and that pension. And I've known quite a few, over the years. Scores of them. I've also heard a lot of them talk, at LEO classes at college, etc. Most cops are not your friends, guys. They get off on having the power they do, consider themselves an aggreived, "special" group, above the Constitution, above the law, even. They think that they should be allowed to ccw out of their jurisdiction, and for life, for instance.
    Do they let you use that computer in the penititury

Heya Peeps,

I have changed the forum settings so nobody but logged in members can post anymore, the incessant spam and trolling by anonymous people was taking up too much of my time to deal with. Hopefully we won't have any more of that behavior on the forums from this point on.

I suspect the post "Most cops I've known would, if so ordered" is from a member who was warned about his trolling and then decided to log out and repost the same crap unregistered or as a guest. I can't imagine how he thought I wouldn't recognize the same tripe under another name, but that's what he did. I didn't delete this one because it wasn't that over the top but I did delete the bulk of his other trolling posts.

In any event, from now on only registered members can post, guests can read, follow, and even search, but to post anything you have to log in from now on. This means each malefactor can only bother us exactly once, because they will be banned and disallowed from re-registering or posting from that point on. Hopefully this can make this forum more enjoyable for those of us that use it responsibly and don't abuse it.
    Keep on Preppin'

GIJeff

Thanks, Jeff! It was getting rather annoying to have notices sent about posts in Cyrillic or ASCII symbols....

THANKS!! Appreciate the content here on this site a great deal.

Thanks GIJeff, I get tired of the cop haters !

9. 01-02-2012, 09:23 AM

Steve,
    First thing is, were you adjudicated mentally ill? If not, then you should have no problem with keeping your ccw permit.
    How about the agency from your State that issued the permit, have you been contacted by them concerning this issue?

If you haven't been declared insane and you still can't get your permit back then contact an attorney.

Best of luck and write back, let us know how it's going.

I had a permit in GA at one time, but when you turned it over it basically said you couldn't carry it anywhere there were people. I let it expire. I owned a restaurant and was working late one night by myself. A cop came up and knocked on the door. At first she wanted a donation for the police fund then she saw my side arm holstered on my hip. She asked if I had a permit. I said in GA you do not have to have a permit to carry on your own property. She insisted that I did. She got a bit belligerent. I had work to do and I told her to arrest me and take me in or get off my property. She left. To this day I have no interest in a concealed carry permit. In GA you can carry in your vehicle just like an extension of your home. I too think that after the stunt we saw this week with the SCOTUS and the Fast and Furious Scandel, it want be long before there is a major initiative against the second amendment. I own no firearms that have been retail purchased in the last 20 years. I don't want to be on any lists.