Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''" /></a> ' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE) in /home/survivel/public_html/secretsofurbansurvival-com/includes/class_core.php(4580) : eval()'d code on line 172
Concealed Carry Permit
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

steveber917

Concealed Carry Permit

When I broke up with mt ex a while back she got spiteful and called the police and told them I threatened to kill myself, which I did not, I wouldn't give the anti-gunners the satisfaction. I was committed to a mental health unit for 3 days and because of this I lost my CCP and was told that once you are committed there is no chance of getting your CCP back, even if the charges were false and no matter how much time has passed. I would not be concerned with survival methods and stock piling foods and weapons if I had any intention of killing myself. Does anyone know of any way I can get my CCP restored? I don't know if a lawyer would be of any use and if so just what type of lawyer. A few years ago, when I did not need it of course, I saw a book on a site similar to Paladin Press (it wasn't them) that said that it was possible to have your CCP restored but I can not find it and no one I know has any idea about this book. Can anyone shed any light on what I can do to have my CCP restored? Again I assure you I have no intention whatsoever of harming myself or anyone else. Thanks, Steve[/size]

Old Bear
    You really need to talk to an attorney. Being medically declared mentally incapacitated or ill would typically be a disqualification, but simply being admitted for monitoring is a long way from that! This is an issue that is being forced into the mainstream news due to the current wars. We want our soldiers to come forward if they have even remote suspicions that someone is suicidal, but then we stigmatize them, withhold promotions, deny CWPs, etc. If we truly want them to seek help, the rules and viewpoints must change, and they are. So don't give up!

I would think the first thing you would want is an examination by a psychiatrist ,giving you a clean bill of mental health. Then you should be able to reapply for your CCW license. You may need an Aty also but he will want the psychiatric opinion for ammo.

Reddog245
    I'm not sure I'd want one at this point, depending on how rabid your local/state police are. To me, the concern over CCW becoming the first level round-up list is just too high.

Having spent a number of years in law enforcement, from MY perspective, qualified legal CCW permit carriers are the LEAST part of "problems" or issues for law enforcement. I believe from all of the officers/deputies/agents I've dealt with over the years, I've met TWO, (and only two) that were so inclined, both were political appointees as well. I believe that most LEOs, would not even worry about confiscation from legal permitees, unless there was overt violent/predatory criminal behavior. "Rounding up" permittees, wouldn't be something LEOs would actually do, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus236 View Post
    Having spent a number of years in law enforcement, from MY perspective, qualified legal CCW permit carriers are the LEAST part of "problems" or issues for law enforcement. I believe from all of the officers/deputies/agents I've dealt with over the years, I've met TWO, (and only two) that were so inclined, both were political appointees as well. I believe that most LEOs, would not even worry about confiscation from legal permitees, unless there was overt violent/predatory criminal behavior. "Rounding up" permittees, wouldn't be something LEOs would actually do, I believe.
    I would not do it. I am an "Oath Keeper"!

Unregistered

Most cops I've known would, if so ordered.

They'd rather die than give up that badge, that power and that pension. And I've known quite a few, over the years. Scores of them. I've also heard a lot of them talk, at LEO classes at college, etc. Most cops are not your friends, guys. They get off on having the power they do, consider themselves an aggreived, "special" group, above the Constitution, above the law, even. They think that they should be allowed to ccw out of their jurisdiction, and for life, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    They'd rather die than give up that badge, that power and that pension. And I've known quite a few, over the years. Scores of them. I've also heard a lot of them talk, at LEO classes at college, etc. Most cops are not your friends, guys. They get off on having the power they do, consider themselves an aggreived, "special" group, above the Constitution, above the law, even. They think that they should be allowed to ccw out of their jurisdiction, and for life, for instance.
    Do they let you use that computer in the penititury

Thanks, Jeff! It was getting rather annoying to have notices sent about posts in Cyrillic or ASCII symbols....

THANKS!! Appreciate the content here on this site a great deal.