Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''" /></a> ' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE) in /home/survivel/public_html/secretsofurbansurvival-com/includes/class_core.php(4580) : eval()'d code on line 172
Concealed Carry Permit
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    steveber917

Concealed Carry Permit

When I broke up with mt ex a while back she got spiteful and called the police and told them I threatened to kill myself, which I did not, I wouldn't give the anti-gunners the satisfaction. I was committed to a mental health unit for 3 days and because of this I lost my CCP and was told that once you are committed there is no chance of getting your CCP back, even if the charges were false and no matter how much time has passed. I would not be concerned with survival methods and stock piling foods and weapons if I had any intention of killing myself. Does anyone know of any way I can get my CCP restored? I don't know if a lawyer would be of any use and if so just what type of lawyer. A few years ago, when I did not need it of course, I saw a book on a site similar to Paladin Press (it wasn't them) that said that it was possible to have your CCP restored but I can not find it and no one I know has any idea about this book. Can anyone shed any light on what I can do to have my CCP restored? Again I assure you I have no intention whatsoever of harming myself or anyone else. Thanks, Steve[/size]

Guiding_Guardian1

Re: Concealed Carry Permit

Big time bummah,, sounds like a job that www.armedcitizensnetwork.org, 360-978-5200 would be a good one to advice you on a course to take, and a recant from the ex, ahem... keep your chin up, if the shimmer hit's you won't want to or need to conceal your carry....

Blackdragon

Move to NH. Open carry here. No more problem. Arizona has the same.
    Good luck.
    BD

wayne1911

'Open carry' is a misnomer. To carry concealed in New Hampshire requires a license. (gun permit) Yes, we are allowed to 'carry openly' without a license but how many on this forum would deem that to be wise? Other than living way out in the sticks, carrying openly will invite at least a discussion from the law enforcement officer who sees you. Also, carrying openly would certainly make you a target for any bad guy who plans to rob either you or whatever store that you might be in. I've lived in New Hampshire for over two decades and have never seen anyone 'carrying openly'. So the original poster would still have to go through a licensing procedure. Also, while not needing a license or permit to buy a gun, the forms may ask about such a history as his. Just some thoughts from a NH resident.

wayne1911 <><

Old Blue

My suggestion is to contact a local attorney; preferably an attorney that specializes in criminal defense. That type of attorney is most likely to be knowledgable about the concealed carry laws in your state. A local fire arms instructor or gun shop can probbaly give you a good referral. Also check your state statues in the Concealed Carry area for the appeal process if a permit is denied. Are you in a "shall issue" or "'may issue" state? A may issue state may be a bit tougher to get your permit restored. Hope this helps. Bruce.

Old Bear
    You really need to talk to an attorney. Being medically declared mentally incapacitated or ill would typically be a disqualification, but simply being admitted for monitoring is a long way from that! This is an issue that is being forced into the mainstream news due to the current wars. We want our soldiers to come forward if they have even remote suspicions that someone is suicidal, but then we stigmatize them, withhold promotions, deny CWPs, etc. If we truly want them to seek help, the rules and viewpoints must change, and they are. So don't give up!

Tampico Red

Carry

Quote Originally Posted by wayne1911 View Post
    'Open carry' is a misnomer. To carry concealed in New Hampshire requires a license. (gun permit) Yes, we are allowed to 'carry openly' without a license but how many on this forum would deem that to be wise? Other than living way out in the sticks, carrying openly will invite at least a discussion from the law enforcement officer who sees you. Also, carrying openly would certainly make you a target for any bad guy who plans to rob either you or whatever store that you might be in. I've lived in New Hampshire for over two decades and have never seen anyone 'carrying openly'. So the original poster would still have to go through a licensing procedure. Also, while not needing a license or permit to buy a gun, the forms may ask about such a history as his. Just some thoughts from a NH resident.

wayne1911 <><
    I didn't think that NH required a "permission slip" to carry concealed. I do know that in AZ, now, anyone can carry openly (always have been able to due to AZ Constitution), but also concealed (we prefer "discreetly carried") as long as they are 21, not a felon, convicted of drug abuse, domestic violence, or committed to a mental institution.
    AZ does issue "permission slips" that simplify purchasing a firearm and provides carry reciprocity with about 37 other states. Non-residents can obtain them also, but the reciprocity can be an issue.

sogone0

Angry CCW restoral

A civil lawyer with any real experience should be able to point you in the right direction State wise. I however think that there are now some Federal statutes on the books which may require more legal work on your part.
    Be informed I would not relocate to a border state especially in the south, the northern flood of newcomers would be a serious threat.
    If TWAWKI or WTSHTF it will be important to secure your firearms and NOT to let anyone know of them at any time now or then, not even your relatives or trusted acquaintances!

I would think the first thing you would want is an examination by a psychiatrist ,giving you a clean bill of mental health. Then you should be able to reapply for your CCW license. You may need an Aty also but he will want the psychiatric opinion for ammo.

Reddog245
    I'm not sure I'd want one at this point, depending on how rabid your local/state police are. To me, the concern over CCW becoming the first level round-up list is just too high.