Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''" /></a> ' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE) in /home/survivel/public_html/secretsofurbansurvival-com/includes/class_core.php(4580) : eval()'d code on line 172
Full Time RVer vs. Buy a Detailed Map of your City
Reply to Thread
    Gypsy Jane

Question Full Time RVer vs. Buy a Detailed Map of your City

I live in an RV, a motor home, and work in a different town each week. I'll be looking for ways to adapt this information to my situation - will welcome all suggestions. Odds are good if Something Happens I'll be in a very unfamiliar location, because I always am.

RedRyder
    Maps are good, computerized maps can be referenced quickly, unless EMP takes out computers. With a high-speed connection, downloading and using Google Earth lets you explore an unfamiliar area before you enter it. I often plan a route, and then use Google Earth to see landmarks at my turns, and check which exit ramps really go in the directions I want to. Some of the photos can give you an idea whether a neighborhood is seedy or not, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Maps are good, computerized maps can be referenced quickly, unless EMP takes out computers. With a high-speed connection, downloading and using Google Earth lets you explore an unfamiliar area before you enter it. I often plan a route, and then use Google Earth to see landmarks at my turns, and check which exit ramps really go in the directions I want to. Some of the photos can give you an idea whether a neighborhood is seedy or not, as well.
    Google Earth is very helpful for those trying to get in touch with users, since GE knows exactly where one is going, and can send LEOs there to meet you.