Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''" /></a> ' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE) in /home/survivel/public_html/secretsofurbansurvival-com/includes/class_core.php(4580) : eval()'d code on line 172
Start here, it says...
Reply to Thread

Start here, it says...

Start here, it says. Okay.
    I'm new to the forum.
    Thought it'd be proper to start by saying "Hello!"
    David Morris... I've got your book. Its a good read and I will recommend it on other forums.
    There was a real need for your book as most Americans (and others) now live in cities or in close proximity to them. There are a few other decent books out there, but the subject of urban survival
    hasn't really been explored like wilderness survival.
    I'm not new to the survivalist mindset, but... like most of you, I'm currently living in an urban area.
    Los Angeles, California to be precise.
    I've already noticed posts by people who are, in reality, virtually neighbors.
    Funny how we get on the world wide web now to meet potentially like-minded people only a
    few miles from home.
    Anyway, David, thanks for the forum. Looking forward to learning and sharing on a vital subject.
    Best wishes to you all.

bennym
    Well, here's my problem.... I'm not really sure I'm urban, but I'm not that rural either ! I'm kinda in the middle ... sorta ...

I live in North Central Massachusetts. My little city is home to about 20,770 people... It lies 30 miles northwest of Worcester and 60 miles northwest of Boston. We encompass about 23 square miles..... All the towns that touch us are much smaller, and considered rural by most..... We are a "city" but we have a rural town mentality....

When TSHTF, I have a 150 mile trek north to a 257 acres mountain BOL.... with about 4 different routes that could be taken...
    However the plan is to survive in place until just before it's time to get out of Dodge... We'll want to leave at the right time, and not jump the gun, but we don't want to miss the boat either !

Pmacaiman

Hello all, I'm new to the "survive in place" mindset even though I have some experience during the Noreiga days in Panama. The Bush embargo choked off large sections of the Panamanian economy and caused some novel methods of bill paying to come about. In addition to the general strikes there were wildcat strikes nearly every day and after a couple of weeks the was not a functioning traffic light in the entire city. Yes, driving got right interesting.

Siskiyoumom
    I guess I posted being new in the wrong spot.
    We are in Northern Califronia.
    Live in a smallish town and commute a long distance to my workplace.
    Have been in "survive in place" mode and we garden.
    Have another property further into the mountains and
    Hope to be able to make it there if things are at the red alert point.
    If not, we hunker down where ever we happen to be at the moment.

Hello, it's kind of slow around here.
    I live in Las Vegas, NV and have been prepping for a couple of years now.
    We have chosen the “Survive in Place” model of prepping unless some natural disaster leaves my home unlivable.
    Why survive in place?
    We choose not to become refugees because throughout history refugees have never fared very well.

Happy Prepping.