Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''" /></a> ' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE) in /home/survivel/public_html/secretsofurbansurvival-com/includes/class_core.php(4580) : eval()'d code on line 172
What would you wear?
Reply to Thread

What would you wear?

Should things go shtf / wrol?
    Some say BDU's others say plain civilian clothes.
    I'd probably wear just regular stuff like I do now and keep the BDU's for recon missions / hunting, ect..

What's your thoughts?

Thumbs up I totally agree

It's going to be in your best interest not to stand out, but to look as if your struggling like everyone else. Don't look too well fed or too clean. Others might assume you have been hoarding and not sharing with them. Could bring trouble. Of course, I tend to be somewhat paranoid. Under extreme conditions, such as trying to feed a hungry family, we're going to see the worst come out in other people.

I woudl aviod BDUs or Cammo as we say in the UK. It woudl single you out as someone prepared to the non prepared Sheeples. To law enforcement it woudl say you are someone that isnt going to follow the NWO imposed regulations that will come with a state of emergency. When I was in the Army fighting the IRA (Irish Republican Army) in Northern Ireland, I noticed that when on 'operations' the IRA terrorist cells woudl always where plain green or brown clothing like parka jackets or wax proof hunting and farming coats and a beenie that converted to a balaclava . That way when they were challenged or persued , if they didnt have a weapon on them or explosives, there was little to tell them apart from farmers and fishermen in the country areas.
    Me and my girlfriend opt for plain natural colours but top quality clothing tha twil lbe tough and keep us warm and dry.

The nail that stands up gets hammered down. Blend in, if someone else is wearing camo great, let them draw the attention. Your camouflage is wearing something indistinguishable from everyone else.

Two basic colors -
    Pants - Black and Khaki. Sturdy work pants or range pants; both repel water and stains, and move with you. Plenty of flex and extremely comfortable in any situation. They can't be distinguished from dress pants from afar. Definitely wear the black if you’re out at night with a dark shirt/jacket coat.
    Over Shirts - Blues & Grays. Heavy cotton, button up or pull over. make sure they are roomy so as not to bind your upper torso and arms movements.
    Under Shirts - Blue or Beige/tan. All cotton.
    Sock - dark
    Shoes - Heavy sole hiking shoes. - waterproof
    Belt - Heavy leather 1&3/4" or 2" to fit snug in belt loops.
    Hats - Baseball caps, sun shade types, knit for cold weather. Prefer ski-mask type to hide face while out at night.
    Bandanas - Dark (carry several, one in each pocket. They also deaden the sound of loose items. Also consider a scarf – it has multiple uses. (Thread a knife sheath into it so it is hidden from view but accessible)
    Tactical vests - - NO, NO, NO
    Overcoats - depends on season/weather. Sweater or sweatshirt over a shirt w/ a windbreaker for most occasions. A leather coat/parka or heavy "Walls" type work coat.

Great clothing doesn't have to be expensive. See Sportsman's Guide, Farm suppliers, larger Wal-Marts.
    Last edited by Montego Man; 05-01-2012 at 07:16 AM. Reason: SPELL CHECKED

Quote Originally Posted by Montego Man View Post
    Two basic colors -
    Pants - Black and Khaki. Sturdy work pants or range pants; both repel watera nd stains, and move with you. Plenty of flex and extremely confortable in any situation. They can't be distinguished from dress pants from afar. Definitely wearthe black if your out at night with a dark shirt/jacket coat.
    Over Shirts - Blues & Grets. Heavy cotton, button up or pull over. make sure they are roomy so as notto bind your upper torso and arms movements.
    Under Shirts - Blue or Beige/tan. All cotton.
    Sock - dark
    Shoes - Heavy sole hiking shoes. - waterproof
    Belt - Heavy leather 1&3/4" or 2" to fit snig in bletloops.
    Hats - Baseball caps, sun shade types, knit for col weather. Prfer ski-mask type to hide face while out at night.
    Bandanas - Dark (carry several, one in each pocket. They also deaden the sound of loose items. Alsoconsider a scarf. Multiple uses. (Thread a knife sheath into it so it is hidden from view but accessible)
    Tactical vests - - NO, NO, NO
    Overcoats - depends on season/weather. Sweater or sweatshirt over a shirt w/ a windbreaker for most ocassions. A leather coat/parka or heavy "Walls" type work coat.

Great clothing doesn't have to be expensive. See Sportsman's Guide, Farm suppliers, larger Wal-Marts.

I like your style
    "Keep your powder dry"