Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''" /></a> ' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE) in /home/survivel/public_html/secretsofurbansurvival-com/includes/class_core.php(4580) : eval()'d code on line 172
2nd amendment concerns
Reply to Thread
    bunkermanEd

2nd amendment concerns

What will all the gun owners do if and when Obama tells the military to go confiscate all the weapons from all the register gun owners. You heard the edict, you know they're coming for your gun(s) what are you going to do? Or perhaps you receive a notice to turn in your weapons at the local armory.
    We all know that it's coming, so what are you going to do. Remember Ruby Ridge, and Waco was a real reality check. So again what do you think is going to happen?

Re: 2nd amendment concerns

Attempting gun confiscation in America could start another civil war. Obama, and other liberals, did seek to initiate the beginnings of such an act. To date, they have been stopped. In no small part due to the clout of the NRA. I am certain there will remain continued efforts to ban firearms. There are states that have filed written notice with congress declaring their sovereign rights as protected by the 10th amendment. They have formally stated that they will not recognize the right of the federal government to impose further firearms restrictions. Talk is cheap. Will the states back it up if gun confiscation becomes a reality? I have no idea, but am planning under the assumption that they will just roll over. Would U.S. troops actually fire on civilians in order to disarm them? In speaking with the several I know, I get a mixed response. Anything from “A marine always follows orders”, to “I took an oath to defend the constitution and would never follow an order to disarm the public”. Again, civil war material… I think the most likely form of confiscation would be requiring civilians to turn in guns or face escalating penalties – fines/charges received via mail; then eventually search and arrest warrants served in person. I live in Texas where, after the Katrina-induced gun confiscation in New Orleans, a law was passed prohibiting such confiscation in Texas. Sure, congress would say that a federal law supersedes that. My hope is that resistance would originate and remain steadfast at the state level. Texas is a very pro-gun state; with a governor that has actually mentioned secession during a televised interview. I doubt that would ever happen, but we need our state governments to stand firm and resolute in protecting our gun rights. Our representatives need to constantly be reminded of that fact.

bunkermanEd

Hi Sartx, thanks for the reply. You have articulated very well the possible senario that may be attempted by this administration. But to think that it would be come to this feeds into the entire conspiracy mindset.
    And nothing satisfies a conspiracy like government intervention. That then turns the conspiracy into a fact which then turns into reality. I have heard that new police officer were asked if they would be able to fire upon citizens, and of course wanting the job I would assume the answer would be yes. Have you heard anything in this regard?
    Also, with the militias gaining popularity it is not setting the stage for another Waco, only this time it would be nation wide.

Have a great day, and keep the spirit of Texas alive, we're all counting on you guys, Ed

Hi Ed,

Forgive the late reply. I’ve been away for the holidays. I couldn’t agree more about conspiracy mindsets. As much as I am opposed to liberal anti-gun politics, I am equally opposed to alarmists who also bend or extrapolate facts; arriving at a doomsday conspiracy theory in order to rally troops for their cause (or profit). Having said that, I once read that “The only person more ignorant than someone who believes conspiracy theories is a person who ignores them.” That pretty much sums up my philosophy – keep your ears and eyes open. Read, research, listen and exchange ideas. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Be deliberate in choosing when and in which direction to “rattle your saber”.

I have not heard of that question being asked of new police officers. I went through the Citizens Police Academy in my city and still know several officers. I will say this: in light of possible coming scenarios – economic collapse, pandemics, EMP attack, etc., - I would certainly expect widespread rioting if any such come to pass. Consider Katrina. In such an event, the police (those who haven’t abandoned their post) may be required to fire upon citizens. Those are not necessarily good citizens. I don’t view that any different than a Band of Brothers protecting their retreat from a gang of looters. Militias have always been with us. With all the conspiracy theories and the liberals in control of Washington, I’m not surprised militias are gaining numbers. Ammo is also selling off the shelf, but it’s not all being bought up by Militia members. Average Joes fearing the revocation of constitutional rights are making weapon purchases they may have been contemplating for years; in fear they may lose that right. There is a mindset that prepares by joining a militia, and one that prepares by bringing a weapon into their home. Neither action – necessarily – warns of imminent danger, but both indicate the possibility.

My fellow Texan, I’m not panicked, but I have spurred my mount in the rear; and am racing forward with my preparation.

Be Vigilant and Take Care,
    Scott

bennym
    When and if something like this starts to take place.... what guns ? is my answer... you mean the ones that were stolen from me last night ! Where the hell were you then.... search the house... it'll be bare..... Now if they want to take a metal detector and search all of the woods around the area... maybe they'll get lucky !

Look up the "Oath Keepers". This is an orginazation of military and police officers nationwide that have pledged that they will not disarm or fire on law abideing citizens , even if ordered to do so. This orginazation is growing rapidly. Many states have enacted ledgislation that makes it a violation of state law to disarm citizens during a disaster or emergency ! Check your State laws and copy and post these provisions with your emergency supplys. A copy of the law would be a good thing in your get home kit.

Here is a list of the ten things "Oath Keepers" have sworn they will not do.

OATH KEEPERS: ORDERS WE WILL NOT OBEY

1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control.”

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
    Last edited by Bill M; 01-16-2011 at 04:39 AM.

myjudge45410
    Hey y'all, do you think I would bring to much attention to myself if I went to the local police dept. and asked the Chief of Police what his thought are on this subject? I was going to the county sheriff, but he resigned a few weeks ago so I don't know if that would be a good idea at this time. North Carolina still has the law that states that during an emergency we can't buy or sell guns or ammo, we also aren't allowed to leave our houses armed. We had a little problem with a hurricane and dove season last year, our great governor said we could carry on as if she hadn't called a "state of emergency".

Hopefully with the new group at the state capitol we can get something done like some of the other states. There are a lot of people out and about during a "state of emergency" that have never heard of the law about our guns.

I got myself side tracked, do y'all think I would be putting a target on myself if I went and talked to the Chief of Police?

Milo H.

Myjudge, I don't think I would question the local police department myself. Current events and news reporst will probably tell you all you need to know about the local law enforcement. I'm not sure I would trust the local chief and his opinions, there are much more influenticial people working on him. Only if he was a stubborn hardnosed person would he go against orders, and if he did he would probably be replaced. Best to just be prepared and tell no one about your plans and watch the local paper for attitudes on current events.