Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''" /></a> ' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE) in /home/survivel/public_html/secretsofurbansurvival-com/includes/class_core.php(4580) : eval()'d code on line 172
Better than pepper spray or mace!!!!
Reply to Thread

Exclamation Better than pepper spray or mace!!!!

I got this from my nephew who is on the swat team in ft. Lauderdale. Get yourself several cans of wasp and hornet spray and keep them stratigicly placed around your house, i keep one in my center console of my van. You can blast someone from 35 feet away and i guarrantee you he will start screaming and fall to the ground, as you retrieve your 12 gauge. It will actually have no permenent damgage, and it is not considered a weapon by the pd. But it works!

Quote Originally Posted by HOFFHACK View Post
    I got this from my nephew who is on the swat team in ft. Lauderdale. Get yourself several cans of wasp and hornet spray and keep them stratigicly placed around your house, i keep one in my center console of my van. You can blast someone from 35 feet away and i guarrantee you he will start screaming and fall to the ground, as you retrieve your 12 gauge. It will actually have no permenent damgage, and it is not considered a weapon by the pd. But it works!
    About .com (which is normally okay) claims that WASP spray is an urban legend.
    http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/crime/a/wasp_spray.htm
    Does anyone have experience?

Just checked one of the cans

I have a can of Ortho Home Defense Max Wasp & Hornet that I usually keep right by the front door due to wasps on my porch, and the warnings on the can indicate that it is pretty bad stuff. The label says that if it gets in your eyes, to throw away your contact lenses if any, and rinse for 20 minutes; after that, call Poison Control. I know when I use it, it shoots at least 15 feet, and freezes the wasp; I'd hate to get it in my eyes. I'm going to keep it handy as a possible weapon regardless; if the spray doesn't do the job, the can is pretty heavy to hit someone with! Keep prepping everyone! SueAnn
    'I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning to sail my ship' Louisa May Alcott

-

Cool

One day while working on the brakes on my truck I was using some spray brake cleaner and got some of the mist in my eyes and boy did it burn like fire!

Seems that would work too.

One sure way of finding out would be to trial the WASP spray on someone or even yourself to see if it does irritate - Obviously start with very small doses and build up!

Why don't you people just buy your self some Pepper spray.

I carried it on the job for fifteen years. It works. That is why we carried it.

If you sprayed me with wasp spray I would get angry and take it away from you!

It is only a weapon if you are a wasp or a hornet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
    Why don't you people just buy your self some Pepper spray.

I carried it on the job for fifteen years. It works. That is why we carried it.

If you sprayed me with wasp spray I would get angry and take it away from you!

It is only a weapon if you are a wasp or a hornet.
    Because the name of this forum is improvised weapons. Not purchased weapons.
    Last edited by riverpilot69; 03-29-2012 at 10:44 AM. Reason: spelling