Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''" /></a> ' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE) in /home/survivel/public_html/secretsofurbansurvival-com/includes/class_core.php(4580) : eval()'d code on line 172
This Forum needs some help
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This Forum needs some help

I think this FORUM needs some Survival Guidance. Don't seem like too many people are actually using it on a regular basis. Seems like only a small number of members even post anything. Am I missing something?

Its much more active since you and I showed up ................good or bad I guess

NewRodeo
    Operational Security will keep some from chatting it up. Others are busy absorbing, not sharing.

I know that I've divulged a bit too much to some younger friends, but I need there help. I live alone in the county and they help with the heavy lifting. If SHTF, I will need them on my team. I've been teaching them to shoot accurately, about financial issues looming & political games being played.

Hope & Change really means to hope (have Faith) in the Lord and change my ways to His.

I agree - maybe we should make a list of what kind of guidance we're looking for; I really enjoy reading everyone's posts, but it feels like something is missing. I have David Morris' book which is helpful, but the really practical stuff is here, in the forum. The good thing is everyone is willing to share their experience and knowledge. I do not like the spam posts that keep popping up, and there should be some way to report them. I keep checking every day to see what's new, and the response to my what to do about the garbage cracked me up (I was tempted to ask how long the string should be just to get more responses!).

NewRodeo
    Well, that's a good point... just how long should the string be? Better yet, how long can it be and still work?
    I'm thinking can diameter is a big factor in sound transmission; opening size & diaphragm (bottom) size. A number 10 can from the freeze dried foods might disguise your voice really well.

Now, do not poke the nail hole in the can while the can is to your ear. This may cause hearing issues later... or maybe sooner.
    For secret transmitting, use a coated string.

String tension must be taught, but not tight. The string must be allowed to vibrate in order to carry the sound. If you pull too hard, the other can may be headed in your direction at quite a rate.

As always, be respectful when speaking or, again, the other can may be headed in your direction at quite a rate.

LMAF! See, a little humor lightens up the hard work!

I find monofilament line works pretty well as you can pull it fairly tight. Ralph Nader requires a can handset retention device is installed on all current production can phones. Its a safety thing ya know.

Perfect! Now we can all have our alternate form of communication, and just for pennies! The instructions are short, simple, and of course, safe! LOL!

Now, let's solve another survival issue - who's next?

pathfinder7
    I would like to survive in the country... lol

Can anyone suggest a small town in the country that would be a good choice to relocate to???

Tough question, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by pathfinder7 View Post
    I would like to survive in the country... lol

Can anyone suggest a small town in the country that would be a good choice to relocate to???

Tough question, isn't it?
    What area are you thinking about? Are you dependant on a job avaliablity ?