Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''" /></a> ' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE) in /home/survivel/public_html/secretsofurbansurvival-com/includes/class_core.php(4580) : eval()'d code on line 172
Timing of this lesson
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Timing of this lesson

David
    All good so far, but may I humbly suggest that the OpSec and Team building lesson maybe could have been Lesson #1 or #2, as Many of the mistakes that you stated therein, I have already made , about telling neighbors and friends that I believe they should get prepared, Several think I'm nuts, but state that IF I am right That they're coming to my house, because they know that I will have food and water, I tell them that that is WHY I have so many bullets, and that they should reconsider ..........
    John Galt

DavidMorris

Re: Timing of this lesson

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt
    David
    All good so far, but may I humbly suggest that the OpSec and Team building lesson maybe could have been Lesson #1 or #2, as Many of the mistakes that you stated therein, I have already made , about telling neighbors and friends that I believe they should get prepared, Several think I'm nuts, but state that IF I am right That they're coming to my house, because they know that I will have food and water, I tell them that that is WHY I have so many bullets, and that they should reconsider ..........
    John Galt
    Hey John,

I actually do talk about OpSec on pages 7, 8, and 9 of lesson one. You bring up a great point, though....life happens and people make mistakes. It's going to happen now and it's going to happen in an actual survival situation.

I want to probe your situation some. Did you tell them EXACTLY how much you have on hand, or just that you have some stuff? The reason I ask is that over the next few weeks as you're talking with people you can tell them that you've got a few gallons of water, a couple boxes of ammo, and that you've got a few extra days of food. This is technically accurate, even if you have an armory and a year of food/water.

Let me know. Your situation is NOT unique and we can figure out some strategies to help you and other people who have done the same thing.

No Dave These are a neighbor and a good friend, was trying to get them on board, as I was getting armed up and stocked up, and so they are aware that I have made some bigger plans, If TSHTF I know that they would show up, and I can not afford to care for them.... so I guess I will just have to shoot them.....
    I have since told them that I will just grab guns, food etc and not telling them where I am headed, but then again as another suggested they may show up to see if I left anything behind.... suggestions welcome
    best
    John Galt

kim

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt
    No Dave These are a neighbor and a good friend, was trying to get them on board, as I was getting armed up and stocked up, and so they are aware that I have made some bigger plans, If TSHTF I know that they would show up, and I can not afford to care for them.... so I guess I will just have to shoot them.....
    I have since told them that I will just grab guns, food etc and not telling them where I am headed, but then again as another suggested they may show up to see if I left anything behind.... suggestions welcome
    best
    John Galt
    Do any of these friends have any special skills that may be helpful to you? If they are taking you seriously and want to ASSIST in a group suvival plan, maybe you can have your individual plan(s), and if THTF near your home, you can have a separate group plan where you can help each other, too. I'm reaching here, but figure that since they have individual plans to raid your stuff, it could be more effective if they were included in a productive way to help everyone in the group survive. Leeches will be a huge problem, and you would probably end up shooting them anyway if they were only a drain, so include them in a plan to put them to work for your survival instead. If TSHF, 'will work for food' would mean just that.

microcarl

I have one neighbor that I would want by my side, when SHTF. The problem is, the baggage that he brings. I live in the middle of a family affair. That is, all of the property surrounding me is owned by about 5 brothers & sisters. In fact, they built the house that I own & live in. Other then the one guy and his wife, the rest are dopers, drunks, partiers ,and generally more trouble then they are worth. So for fear of the attachments of the extra baggage of undesirable family members, I've not even attempted to include the good neighbor in the game plan.

It's sad, but I can't afford to take a chance on the good neighbors other family members, so I can't include the good neighbor - at any cost!

The struggle with this is that, we are commanded (1st Timothy 5:8) to help our family, as well as our neighbors in time of need. But at what cost to ourselves and our own family members?

AggregatVier

There's a Twilight Zone episode where the one family on the block retreats to their shelter during an alert while the "friends" break down the door because they're "entitled" to survive.

There are difficult decisions to be made before the door closes and what real responsible friendship is before the latch is thrown.

RichStillinWyo

I think that Twilight Zone episode is called " The Shelter". A very good one and worth watching again.

friessedS

Timing of this lesson

What are you all hearing out there about the timing of clerkship applications? Any specifics as to courts would be much appreciated.

The way you handle this is to say friend , I have prepaired just enough for my self and my famiely . The rules we have made say I can only give food prepaired for myself to an outsider. I am going to give you my own supper. I will not be allowed to eat today. I am sorry that I can't do more.
    You will have to go elsewhere tomorrow .

Quote Originally Posted by AggregatVier View Post
    There's a Twilight Zone episode where the one family on the block retreats to their shelter during an alert while the "friends" break down the door because they're "entitled" to survive.
    Entitled? This is the point where this crap stops! People who think they are entitled are lazy and want something for nothing, that is easily handle by saying. "Hi, what do you need..............BANG!" he got what he was entitled to. A quick and simple savings from a painful starving which certainly would have happened.