Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''" /></a> ' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE) in /home/survivel/public_html/secretsofurbansurvival-com/includes/class_core.php(4580) : eval()'d code on line 172
"NRA-type stickers" - Page 2
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Twistytreeranch
    This is great info--lots of stuff to think about. I agree--if "The Man" (Government) shows up to take your weapons, getting shot and/or put in jail for not giving them up isn't going to help your family out much. Ya gotta give 'em up. What if the Government just says to the press that if citizens don't give up their guns, then they will be considered criminals? I think that this would be a much better way to get our guns because those of us who abide by the law desire NOT to be criminals. If we get thrown in a camp/jail/prison for not giving up our weapons, our family suffers and is in more danger when you're gone. So, I think that I'll retain the ability to protect myself and my family with firearms until the Government decides to make me a criminal for having this ability to protect myself and my family. That's just the time I've got to give them up. I wonder if anyone has thought about some ways to booby trap an intruder at the door or window if you don't have a firearm for protection.

Right now in Texas, booby-traps are illegal; guns are not nor is shooting an intruder. I love and believe in the constitution of the United States of America. The 2nd amendment guarantees my right to bear arms. Anyone coming to my door to confiscate my weapons does so illegally; regardless of how things may be twisted in the future. I’m not saying I will or won’t give up my weapons, nor am I offering any form of advice. Each person must search their own soul on this issue. I do know though, that if the brave men who fought in the revolutionary war had laid down their weapons and went home to protect their families, we would not today have the constitution that I love. I think they must have thought, “If not us, then who?” If the citizens of this great country are disarmed, we become surfs, pawns – slaves of whatever system is imposed upon us and the taxes required to support it. Again, this is in no way any form of suggestion or advice – just a thought. I am and will remain a law-abiding citizen.

munichsled

Interesting dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by sartx View Post
    Right now in Texas, booby-traps are illegal; guns are not nor is shooting an intruder. I love and believe in the constitution of the United States of America. The 2nd amendment guarantees my right to bear arms. Anyone coming to my door to confiscate my weapons does so illegally; regardless of how things may be twisted in the future. Im not saying I will or wont give up my weapons, nor am I offering any form of advice. Each person must search their own soul on this issue. I do know though, that if the brave men who fought in the revolutionary war had laid down their weapons and went home to protect their families, we would not today have the constitution that I love. I think they must have thought, If not us, then who? If the citizens of this great country are disarmed, we become surfs, pawns slaves of whatever system is imposed upon us and the taxes required to support it. Again, this is in no way any form of suggestion or advice just a thought. I am and will remain a law-abiding citizen.
    I've seen some interesting writings about this very subject from the Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership site which said, essentially, what some of the other posters are saying -- if you get yourself killed or imprisoned resisting the government you are no good to your family.

However, I've also seen a compelling quote from Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, the Soviet dissident who was jailed and exiled most of his adult life, who basically said, why did we allow ourselves to be led away like compliant sheep? Why didn't get over our individual fears and act together to resist? Why didn't we resist when they came to take us away with whatever weapon we could find? What if the tables were turned and the people who came to dissapear us in the middle of the night did not return themselves to their families? Would that have stopped them?

The JFPO has faith in our heritage, our freedom and our legal system. They feel that your innocence will eventually win out and the wrongs of your arrest will be righted. Do what you can to live so you can provide for your family later.

Having said that, I do have a Jewish chiropractor friend who has an Uzi, cash and passports in a massive gun safe. When I inquired about them, he simply replied, "Never again."

Booby traps are illegal in Kentucky. The law basicly says, You can not set a trap for a human being that will do anymore damage to him that you can do your self under the existing self defence laws. It is difficult to say you are in fear of your life if you are not there.

pathfinder7
    I am one of those who supports the 2A rights and for that reason I joined the NRA. I don't own a gun yet, but hope, as we go thru the lessons here, to acquire the knowledge to make an intelligent choice when buying a gun.

Hi everybody, I am Bill and I joined the group a couple of days ago. Presently Im living in San Diego and I have a great desire to relocate to a small town in a rural area. Preferably remote from Earthquake Faults, Nuclear Power Plants, or Industrial Sites. Is there anyone out there that can provide me with suggestions?
    Bill

Hi Bill, some good info and people here. Guns are like girls you need to find one you like that does all the things you like remember you can always have another gun and the first one won't get ticked! lol

Tell that to my 30-06 ... Hasn't shot right since i got the 300 ultra mag last yr:P

FarnsworthPMacGillicuddy
    My personal preference is to maintain my membership in the NRA, do all I can to quietly promote our Second Amendment rights, while being as low profile as possible. I have no intention of advertising my law enforcement background, NRA membership, or anything else. Let the bad guys be "surprised" at the appropriate time.

A little off topic, but if you're worried about confiscation of firearms, don't let the government know about them. You are allowed to build your own firearm without registering it. Google "AK build Party", or "AR-15 Building".

I never did like stickers, as whatever I have to say is said in my daily doings in life. How I participate in all things good in my life is nobody's business, unless they are participating along with me. I don't like the NRA because of the Liberal things they endorsed and caving to some politicos. I prefer The National Association for Gun Rights. http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
    Pathfinder, the best basic weapons to have are to my thinking, the easiest for you to handle and shoot.
    Even though I am an old Vet, I prefer a "Security" style 12 gauge pump or semi-automatic. A .22 cal rifle, a 30.06 caliber rifle, a handgun in .38 caliber and above, (I have .40 cal HK) and a good all around knife. If you are not allowed handguns in California, then start with the shotgun. I choose 30.06 and 12 gauges as they are common calibers. A 12 gauge will shoot buckshot or slugs if rifled for it. I also reload all but the .22's. Hope this gives you an idea to start with.