Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''" /></a> ' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE) in /home/survivel/public_html/secretsofurbansurvival-com/includes/class_core.php(4580) : eval()'d code on line 172
Lesson 2
Reply to Thread

Thread: Lesson 2

cricketdragonfly

Lesson 2

My husband and I have been at this preparedness thing for a while. Going over lesson 2 we feel pretty good about the survival items we have in place. The one comment I would like to make is this "sharpen your skills and/or get some new ones" We have been avid outdoorsmen for years and have numerous skills that will come in handy if stuff happens. We are also aware of the skills of those around us. This may come up in a future lesson but could you comment on how to put a core group of like minded people safely together without compromising anyone's safety or confidentiality. cdf

DavidMorris

Re: Lesson 2

Cricket,

Strategies for putting together a core group is going to be a MAJOR topic in future weeks. Right now, there is an entire lesson dedicated to it, but there's a very good possibility that I'll extend the length of the course (at no charge, of course) and make it two weeks.

This course is being taken by people of all skill, preparedness, and awareness levels. Once people come to the realization that these are necessary skills, beneficial in non-emergency situations, and actually fun, they'll naturally want to learn more skills. It's the classic case of "the more you learn, the more you realize how little you really know"

Thanks for your comments!

David

Girl

I am not receiving my lessons. Please advise.

Admin2

If you are having trouble receiving your lessons, or with anything to do with the course, you can email David@SurviveInPlace.com or go to:
    http://urbansurvivalplan.com/help/index.php and fill out a ticket

undunk

Lesson 2

Thank you to everyone for sharing on this weeks Bible Lesson.

I usually have one to two days a week that I am able to really dig into the lesson. This is one of those days, and the research you all have shared has been most helpful and enlightening.

Thanks so much

jay81
    Just read over lesson 2. It was interesting and there are some things that I need to think about. But on the subject of "attitude", here is a little story that I ran across years ago and made a copy of. It made a ton of sense.

Attitude

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude
    on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is
    more important than the past, than education, than money,
    than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what
    other people think or say or do. It is more important than
    appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...
    a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice
    every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.
    We cannot change our past...We cannot change the fact that
    people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable.
    The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and
    that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is 10% what happens
    to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are
    in charge of our attitudes.

Ok.. so just started Lesson Two ..and actually have really been thinking through the first To-Do .. "What would you walk through fire for..?"

And to be honest it is tough to answer.. with all the overwhelming bad news, corruption in government, threats, etc. what exactly do I really control... what can I change? I am finding it difficult to find hope and to be positive in light of knowing where our country is headed...

So.. what did you do to pick yourself up.. what books or movies or whatever inspired you to "hope" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Ok.. so just started Lesson Two ..and actually have really been thinking through the first To-Do .. "What would you walk through fire for..?"

And to be honest it is tough to answer.. with all the overwhelming bad news, corruption in government, threats, etc. what exactly do I really control... what can I change? I am finding it difficult to find hope and to be positive in light of knowing where our country is headed...

So.. what did you do to pick yourself up.. what books or movies or whatever inspired you to "hope" ?
    I'm a little worried about you buddy. This prepper thing is about living not about dieing. The fact that you are doing this is a statement that you want to go forward. We can not dictate the future or control it but we can always adjust to it and the human race has done this for timeless generations. Everything will be Ok !