Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''" /></a> ' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE) in /home/survivel/public_html/secretsofurbansurvival-com/includes/class_core.php(4580) : eval()'d code on line 172
I need a few suggestions.........
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question I need a few suggestions.........

I am looking for a couple books on homeopathic medicine for both adults and children. I am also looking for a good book on plants that has info on plants from the east coast. I am in the stages of looking to increase my skills and renewal of resources. I would greatly appreciate any advice you could give. Thank you.

Check out "Mother Jones" . . . . parts of it may now be on-line. It has been around for decades and has all kinds of practical ideas for living on the cheap, epsecially in "the country" and off-grid. Ideas are 100+ years old, but they endure............

I see you are in Philadelphia, any Amish close by?
    Those folks are a treasure of information.
    "Keep your powder dry"

The foxfire book series is good too although out of georgia may have some good info.

Cool Thanks.

Thanks guys, for the ideas. I'm in central pa about a half hour out of StateCollege. Go Penn State!!! We do have some amish in the area, but I'm not sure if they talk to outsiders but I can work on it.

The Amish are approachable and some really nice folks, just respect them and they will talk to you.
    Some may be a bit shy but it's because tourists have gawked at them like they are circus freaks.
    Who knows, you might just make some really good friends and be invited to an Amish supper!
    "Keep your powder dry"

Good luck Cheetah

If you can still find it-- "Where There Is No Doctor" was pretty good, as I remember. Written for Peace Corps volunteers and such. The old Hosp. Corpsman rating study manuals were pretty good, too-- but by the time I was getting out ('80s), there was more and more "what form to use when" training, and a lot less practical medical information.

I have a 1950 Navy Corpsman's Manual !
    It has every thing from how to do an apendectomy to embalming a dead body!