Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''" /></a> ' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE) in /home/survivel/public_html/secretsofurbansurvival-com/includes/class_core.php(4580) : eval()'d code on line 172
‘Doomsday Prepper’ Star Determined Mentally Defective, Stripped Of Firearms
Reply to Thread

‘Doomsday Prepper’ Star Determined Mentally Defective, Stripped Of Firearms

Found this yesterday folks.

http://www.personalliberty.com/conse...irearms/?eiid=

Thoughts?

Rocky

Rocky,

While I hadn't seen this article, I was made aware of this situation on another forum. Some of the comments on that article assumed that this happened because of the show. Sarti states in his videos that this occurred prior to the airing of the episode and the two events are not related.

With that said, I think his rights have been grievously violated, and I can only hope and pray that his rights are restored. This follows in line with veterans and others loosing their 2nd Amendment rights because of PTSD treatments. I understand wanting to keep weapons out of the hands of those who are clearly mentally ill, but the government has clearly overreacted in the name of safety and security.

Here is something to think about. Sarti has just experienced a TEOTWAWKI event; his world as he knew it has changed. If you don't believe, go check out his videos on YouTube. We tend to concentrate on "The end of the world" part of the acronym far too often and forget the "as we know it" part. We often think of big events that can impact our lives, but this may not be the case. Our rights are being eroded at an alarming, accelerating pace, all in the name of safety, security, and community. Yet like the proverbial frog in the pot of warming water, we are not jumping out. We may make bravado statements about our "cold, dead hands", but we are usually thinking about massive gun grabbing or other such issues. Sure there are a few people who would have forced a standoff like Waco or Ruby Ridge, but I know that I, like most people, would have probably done just at Sarti did. What good is dying in a standoff when the whole purpose of prepping is survival? Then again, when is the right time to jump out of the proverbial pot? And if you do jump out, how will you avoid the fire when you land?

These are the kind of thoughts that keep me awake at night.

Semper Fi!
    Dennis

I saw this at another web site and thought this aint right at all.
    Maybe I missed it but I didn't see where this man had been adjudicated mentally ill, just put under "suicide watch".

Is that all it takes to strip away our rights?

This is crazy.
    "Keep your powder dry"

People who have never experienced something like this or have never been accused of a crime or wound up in court may never understand that many law enforcement officials and judges make up their own rules as they go. It is often too expensive or frightening to fight them. I was under the assumption that if a person was Baker Acted (committed for a psychiatric evaluation) they could only hold you for a maximum of 72 hours.

I have sat in the court room for many years and discovered a long time ago that few attorneys actually practice law. For the most part, if you are accused of a crime you are usually offered a deal. Let's say that if convicted you face a ten year sentence. But if you plea to a lesser charge you may get a year instead. Do you know how attractive that year sounds compared to ten years? Many innocent people will plead guilty or 'no contest' (which is like saying you are pleading guilty but won't say it) when accused of a crime out of fear of the alternative. I have been in that position and I assure you... it is terrifying.

There is no such thing as "innocent until proven guilty." If that were true you wouldn't be in jail in the first place. And while you are in jail, you are treated like are a criminal. It is not a matter of innocence or guilt in the courtroom. It is the flip of a coin as both attorneys from opposing sides have the ability, the experts and the resources to make you look guilty or innocent. It is just a matter of who can give the best presentation. From my own personal experience I can also tell you a public defender can be every bit as good or bad as an attorney you hire. I have had both and in my personal situation the public defender was leaps and bounds ahead the better attorney.

If you find yourself in a situation where you have been accused of a crime, you need to find out who your judge is and what their reputation is. You need to do as much of your own research yourself and do NOT depend on your attorney to do it for you. It may very well be in your best interest to choose a judge over a jury as many judges know how this game is played and can often see through it and see that you are indeed innocent.

I used to stand up and fight for what I believed in. I would stand up for the little guy and do everything in my power to help whoever I could. I am saddened to say I feel the need to keep a low profile these days and help as many people as I can anonymously out of fear of being arrested on trumped up charges. The police and sheriffs stick together. The attorneys are usually friendly with each other outside the courtroom which seems to me to be more about who can beat the other one than it is about getting to the truth.

It takes other people to help you when you are the one who is accused of something. You may even start to question yourself once you see how they can stack the deck against you. Law enforcement (police officers and deputy sheriffs) often charge you with a number of different violations hoping something will stick. It's a scary world and you just have no idea until it happens to you or someone you know or love.
    Even though a charge may be dismissed ‘with prejudice’ which means they can never bring that charge against you ever again… if they want you bad enough they will just charge you with something else calling it by a different name.
    Be afraid when it comes to the police and the court system. Be ‘very’ afraid.